Vacancy : Technical Writer - Bristol
SN Systems create the programming tools for PlayStation® platforms including PlayStation®4 Pro, PlayStation® VR and PlayStation® Vita. These programming tools support every stage of the development process: from setting up and controlling the development hardware; to compiling and debugging code; and profiling the game to eke out the last ounce of performance.
The tools are used by thousands of programmers, artists, designers and testers every day. To help them make the most of these tools they need high quality user documentation. The documentation includes user guides, API references, release notes, online help, video tutorials and web content.
The Technical Writer is responsible for authoring and editing all technical material used by PlayStation developers.
- Create technical materials from scratch, organizing and prioritizing content to meet audience needs. You will work from:
- Tool and feature specifications
- Prototype versions of tools and features
- Sample code
- Audience understanding
- Edit technical materials developed by engineering groups, in order to:
- Determine the appropriate audience for the material and then ensure it meets the needs of that audience
- Ensure its technical accuracy by working closely with subject matter experts
- Improve its overall structure and organization, choosing the proper content type for the material
- Ensure its basic grammatical coherence and integrity
- Ensure that it relates properly to other related materials within the overall context of PlayStation development
- Supports and contributes to the wider Documentation set
- Cooperate and collaborate with the Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) Production department to help produce the final output for technical material.
Candidates should submit a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates must be eligible to work legally within the British Isles.
About SN Systems
We create development tools for PlayStation® platforms including PlayStation®4 Pro and PlayStation®VR. From debuggers and performance analyzers to compilers and target communication servers, our products are designed to make PlayStation® developer’s work easier and more efficient.
As a team under Sony Interactive Entertainment's (SIE) Hardware Engineering and Operation division working on research and development, we have a deep understanding of game developers' needs, and use our expertise to create a range of advanced development tools.
We currently employ c. 90 people in Bristol (HQ), Dublin and San Jose in a dynamic environment where change is the norm.